Wedmore Young Farmers Club looking for areas to plant trees
- Credit: Archant
A young farmers club is appealing for help from the public to find areas to plant trees to improve the environment.
The Wedmore group was awarded 420 tree saplings by the Woodland Trust.
By planting the trees it hopes it will also attract more wildlife to the area.
The range of trees include oak, hawthorn, birch and hazel.
Jack Nicholls, aged 27, who has been a member of the group for 17 years, said: "It's our mission to plant more trees to fight against climate change.
"We decided it's time to take control into our own hands due to the decline of wildlife over the past few years.
"We also want to achieve something that's good for the community.
- 1 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 2 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 3 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 4 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 5 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 6 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 7 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 8 Research reveals which car brands hold their value best
- 9 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 10 Watch Stone Age musical in Hutton this weekend
"People have been supportive and we have a few areas we are set to plant but we still need more places."
To help Jack, email firstname.lastname@example.org.