Crowds ‘marvel’ at Weston-super-Mare’s Weekend of Wonders event
- Credit: Archant
Acrobats and circus acts have been entertaining thousands of people in Weston.
The Italian Gardens played host to an awe-inspiring Weekend of Wonders full of spectacular performances.
Fiona Matthews, creative director at organiser Theatre Orchard, was thrilled with how the event on Saturday went.
She said: “Weekend of Wonders was a great success, with an abundance of enjoyment and enthusiasm displayed by audiences.
“It was a pleasure to see the town filled with sunshine, energy and laughter, as crowds of people and families having fun spilled into the Italian Gardens to marvel at top circus acts and surreal antics.
You may also want to watch:
“Theatre Orchard is looking forward to building on the popularity of the event to make it an annual fixture on the town’s calendar.”
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 'Bright future' for Weston high street