Orchestra to perform in Yatton church
- Credit: Contributed
A Somerset orchestra will play the melodic tunes of some of history’s greatest composers next week.
The West Mendip Orchestra will take over Yatton’s St Mary’s Church for an evening of music and merriment.
The group has teamed up with the Yatton Music Society for the event to perform music from some of the world’s best-ever composers, including Mozart.
They will perform the great flue concerto in G with the support of soloist Eliza Woodward as well as Dvorak’s Symphony Number 6.
The evening will also include covers of Weber’s Der Freischutz Overture and many more popular classical notes.
You may also want to watch:
The orchestra and soloists will be performing at the church, in Church Road, on March 30 at 7.45pm.
Tickets, priced £4-10, are available to buy from the church office, online at www.west-mendip-orchestra.org.uk or on the door.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 3 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston
- 10 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree