Nursery practitioner helps Fijian children
- Credit: Archant
An inspirational teenager working at a nursery is taking the next steps in her education after helping children in Fiji.
After leaving Priory Community School Academy, Cam Stevens went on to complete her level three apprenticeship in August last year.
She then went to Fiji for two months before coming back to work at Little Learners Nursery at St Anne’s Church Academy, in West Wick, in January.
Cam is now working as a qualified nursery practitioner at Little Learners alongside completing an access to higher education course.
In Fiji, she taught children while building the village a community centre.
Amy Marsh of Little Learners said: “Cam has done superbly and is a very popular member of the team.
“Her achievements in Fiji and elsewhere are inspirational.”
- 1 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 4 Strong winds expected across Somerset this weekend
- 5 Charity ball raises thousands for Cancer Research
- 6 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 7 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 8 Weston pub attracts crowds for Christmas light switch on
- 9 Tributes paid to 'bright, beautiful, gentle soul' who died after being found injured
- 10 Weston RAF Association to host Cooking with Heroes book launch
For more information littlelearnersstannes.co.uk