Could 125 homes be built near Worle?
- Credit: Archant
More than 120 homes could be built on the outskirts of Worle.
Bloor Homes has applied to North Somerset Council to build 125 homes in the Westacres Caravan Park site in West Wick.
The site, in Wolvershill Road, is used as a touring caravan park throughout the year.
Storage area and office buildings will be demolished and replaced with two, three and four bedroom houses, alongside car parking and garages, an internal access road and footpaths.
Around 37 properties will fall under the affordable housing banner.
You may also want to watch:
The council’s planning portal has received 28 objections to date, with people raising issues including access to neighbouring St Anne’s Primary School and a loss of green space.
The caravan park provides foraging and commuting habitat for a range of bat species, with activity mostly concentrated in the northern part of the site.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 6 Will garden village be revived?
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 9 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple