Could 125 homes be built near Worle?
- Credit: Archant
More than 120 homes could be built on the outskirts of Worle.
Bloor Homes has applied to North Somerset Council to build 125 homes in the Westacres Caravan Park site in West Wick.
The site, in Wolvershill Road, is used as a touring caravan park throughout the year.
Storage area and office buildings will be demolished and replaced with two, three and four bedroom houses, alongside car parking and garages, an internal access road and footpaths.
Around 37 properties will fall under the affordable housing banner.
The council’s planning portal has received 28 objections to date, with people raising issues including access to neighbouring St Anne’s Primary School and a loss of green space.
The caravan park provides foraging and commuting habitat for a range of bat species, with activity mostly concentrated in the northern part of the site.
- 1 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 4 Strong winds expected across Somerset this weekend
- 5 Charity ball raises thousands for Cancer Research
- 6 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 7 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 8 Weston pub attracts crowds for Christmas light switch on
- 9 Tributes paid to 'bright, beautiful, gentle soul' who died after being found injured
- 10 Weston RAF Association to host Cooking with Heroes book launch