Gymnastics club needs £1k for defibrillator
- Credit: Archant
A gymnastics club is looking for funding to help it install life-saving equipment.
Weston Aerobic Gymnastics Club, in Langford Road, hopes to raise £1,000 to help fund a defibrillator at the gym.
The defibrillator, an essential piece of equipment in a cardiac emergency, will be installed on the outside of the building, to make it available to the community.
The club has a record of excellence, winning medals at regional, national and international championships.
Debbie Saunders, club manager and head coach, said: "The club is already raising money through our Saturday Kitchen, which is run by our parent volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
"However, we are still a long way off from raising enough money to buy the defibrillator, which is why we've set up the GoFundMe page."
To donate money, click here.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 3 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 4 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 5 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 6 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 7 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
- 8 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab