Gymnastics club needs £1k for defibrillator
- Credit: Archant
A gymnastics club is looking for funding to help it install life-saving equipment.
Weston Aerobic Gymnastics Club, in Langford Road, hopes to raise £1,000 to help fund a defibrillator at the gym.
The defibrillator, an essential piece of equipment in a cardiac emergency, will be installed on the outside of the building, to make it available to the community.
The club has a record of excellence, winning medals at regional, national and international championships.
Debbie Saunders, club manager and head coach, said: "The club is already raising money through our Saturday Kitchen, which is run by our parent volunteers.
"However, we are still a long way off from raising enough money to buy the defibrillator, which is why we've set up the GoFundMe page."
To donate money, click here.
- 1 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 4 First Bus announces major changes to bus services
- 5 'I had to learn to walk again': Weston man talks of strokes - at 31
- 6 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 7 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 8 Weston, Clevedon & Portishead Light Railway: A history
- 9 Weston pub set for £190k revamp
- 10 Tributes paid to 'caring, loving and funny' 17-year-old who died in collision