Gymnastics club needs £1k for defibrillator
- Credit: Archant
A gymnastics club is looking for funding to help it install life-saving equipment.
Weston Aerobic Gymnastics Club, in Langford Road, hopes to raise £1,000 to help fund a defibrillator at the gym.
The defibrillator, an essential piece of equipment in a cardiac emergency, will be installed on the outside of the building, to make it available to the community.
The club has a record of excellence, winning medals at regional, national and international championships.
Debbie Saunders, club manager and head coach, said: "The club is already raising money through our Saturday Kitchen, which is run by our parent volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
"However, we are still a long way off from raising enough money to buy the defibrillator, which is why we've set up the GoFundMe page."
To donate money, click here.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 M5 caravan park expansion approved
- 3 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 4 Carers complete memory walk for Alzheimer's Society
- 5 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 6 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 7 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 8 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 9 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 10 Teacher wins award for making thousands of NHS masks during Covid