Two car crash and oil spill on M5 causing travel delays
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
There are delays on the M5 tonight (Monday) after a crash involving two cars between Clevedon and Weston-super-Mare.
One lane is closed and queuing traffic due to the accident with an oil spillage also reported southbound between junction 20 and junction 21.
There are currently delays of more than 20 minutes and normal traffic conditions are expected to return at 8.15pm.
A Highways England spokesman said: “We have one lane closed due to a two vehicle collision and reported oil spillage.
“Traffic officers are working at the scene along with Avon and Somerset police.
You may also want to watch:
“Delays are building quickly, so please allow plenty of extra time.”
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector