Families needed to host German exchange students
- Credit: Archant
More families are needed to host young people from Germany to maintain a youth exchange that has been running since 2003.
Weston Town Council is appealing for families to host German exchange students in April.
Host families will need to provide a breakfast, packed lunch and dinner most days and will receive an allowance of £120 per student.
The students will spend the weekend away and have a full programme of day trips.
Anyone can take part, providing they have a spare room for a student for the 12 days.
You may also want to watch:
Host families do not have to speak German, as all the young people speak good English.
Those who host a young person and have young people in their family aged 12 to 17 will be offered a chance to visit Hildesheim in the return trip in October.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 01934 632567 or visit the Facebook page.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years