Families needed to host German exchange students
- Credit: Archant
More families are needed to host young people from Germany to maintain a youth exchange that has been running since 2003.
Weston Town Council is appealing for families to host German exchange students in April.
Host families will need to provide a breakfast, packed lunch and dinner most days and will receive an allowance of £120 per student.
The students will spend the weekend away and have a full programme of day trips.
Anyone can take part, providing they have a spare room for a student for the 12 days.
You may also want to watch:
Host families do not have to speak German, as all the young people speak good English.
Those who host a young person and have young people in their family aged 12 to 17 will be offered a chance to visit Hildesheim in the return trip in October.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 01934 632567 or visit the Facebook page.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 6 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown