Weather warning in place as storm lashes coast
- Credit: Archant
Weston has been battered by winds of up to 85mph due to Storm Ciara this week.
Kevin Duell captured dramatic photos of waves crashing over Cove West and the sea wall.
He also photographed stormy seas at Marine Lake and Anchor Head.
Flood warnings were issued for Uphill and Brean due to high tides and strong winds.
Uphill Village Society took photos of waves crashing over the sea wall earlier this week.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for rain in Weston from noon on Saturday until noon on Sunday.
Heavy rain associated with Storm Dennis is expected to hit Weston, bringing a small chance of flooding.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 New principal appointed at academy
- 7 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 8 Village's community shop to relocate
- 9 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
- 10 Banwell bypass route chosen
A yellow weather warning for strong winds has also been issued for Weston from noon until midnight on Saturday.
There is a small chance of injuries and danger to life from flying debris.
People are warned to expect cancellations, or longer journey times, as road, rail and air services could be affected.