Weather warning in place as storm lashes coast
- Credit: Archant
Weston has been battered by winds of up to 85mph due to Storm Ciara this week.
Kevin Duell captured dramatic photos of waves crashing over Cove West and the sea wall.
He also photographed stormy seas at Marine Lake and Anchor Head.
Flood warnings were issued for Uphill and Brean due to high tides and strong winds.
Uphill Village Society took photos of waves crashing over the sea wall earlier this week.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for rain in Weston from noon on Saturday until noon on Sunday.
Heavy rain associated with Storm Dennis is expected to hit Weston, bringing a small chance of flooding.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
A yellow weather warning for strong winds has also been issued for Weston from noon until midnight on Saturday.
There is a small chance of injuries and danger to life from flying debris.
People are warned to expect cancellations, or longer journey times, as road, rail and air services could be affected.