Weather warning in place as storm lashes coast
- Credit: Archant
Weston has been battered by winds of up to 85mph due to Storm Ciara this week.
Kevin Duell captured dramatic photos of waves crashing over Cove West and the sea wall.
He also photographed stormy seas at Marine Lake and Anchor Head.
Flood warnings were issued for Uphill and Brean due to high tides and strong winds.
Uphill Village Society took photos of waves crashing over the sea wall earlier this week.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for rain in Weston from noon on Saturday until noon on Sunday.
Heavy rain associated with Storm Dennis is expected to hit Weston, bringing a small chance of flooding.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 7 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 8 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 Live at the Quarry is 'great success'
A yellow weather warning for strong winds has also been issued for Weston from noon until midnight on Saturday.
There is a small chance of injuries and danger to life from flying debris.
People are warned to expect cancellations, or longer journey times, as road, rail and air services could be affected.