Weston Bay students help build scout hut
- Credit: Archant
College students have stepped in to help a Worle scout group carry out some much-needed repairs.
Youngsters of Weston Bay spent almost three weeks completing works to renovate the 1st North Worle Scout Group hut, in Wansborough Road.
Weston Bay is Weston College's residential training facility for students who are on the autism spectrum.
Youngsters organised the whole project, including raising more than £800 for the materials by putting on a fete and bag packing at Asda.
A grand opening was attended by Weston's mayor Mark Canniford.
You may also want to watch:
Aspirations lead practitioner, Heidi Martini, praised the youngsters for their sterling efforts.
She said: "Our learners worked tirelessly and demonstrated a wide range of skills including teamwork, leadership, problem solving and reliability.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 3 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 7 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 10 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
"We are all immensely proud of them and everything they have achieved throughout the year."