Weston Bay students help build scout hut
- Credit: Archant
College students have stepped in to help a Worle scout group carry out some much-needed repairs.
Youngsters of Weston Bay spent almost three weeks completing works to renovate the 1st North Worle Scout Group hut, in Wansborough Road.
Weston Bay is Weston College's residential training facility for students who are on the autism spectrum.
Youngsters organised the whole project, including raising more than £800 for the materials by putting on a fete and bag packing at Asda.
A grand opening was attended by Weston's mayor Mark Canniford.
You may also want to watch:
Aspirations lead practitioner, Heidi Martini, praised the youngsters for their sterling efforts.
She said: "Our learners worked tirelessly and demonstrated a wide range of skills including teamwork, leadership, problem solving and reliability.
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 6 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
"We are all immensely proud of them and everything they have achieved throughout the year."