Brownies celebrate 100th anniversary of pack
- Credit: Archant
Brownies and leaders of all ages celebrated a century of their pack with a party and church service in Weston-super-Mare.
Third Weston Brownies, which meets in Milton Methodist Church, invited past and present brownies, leaders and helpers to celebrate the 100th birthday of the group on Sunday.
Brown owl Lindsey McKirgan put on an exhibition with memorabilia from decades of activities and trips the members have enjoyed.
A thanksgiving service was also held at Milton Methodist Church and visitors enjoyed a party tea.
Lindsey said: "It was just fantastic. Everybody who came had a wonderful time.
"A lot of former members came for a trip down memory lane."
The pack has 36 members.
- 1 NINE vehicles damaged by fire in apparent arson spree in Weston
- 2 Cameras to enforce bus lanes rules in Weston from next week
- 3 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 4 Police hunt suspected arsonist after rampage in Weston
- 5 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 6 Weston furniture shop shortlisted for national award
- 7 Plan for 115 new homes in village rejected
- 8 McDonald's hopes to open restaurant at business park near M5
- 9 Westonians honoured in prestigious mayor awards evening
- 10 Volunteers needed to welcome Ukrainian refugees
Brownies enjoy games, learn new skills, earn badges and go on trips together.
The group is looking for more leaders.
Anyone interested in joining can email Lindsey at firstname.lastname@example.org