Brownies celebrate 100th anniversary of pack
- Credit: Archant
Brownies and leaders of all ages celebrated a century of their pack with a party and church service in Weston-super-Mare.
Third Weston Brownies, which meets in Milton Methodist Church, invited past and present brownies, leaders and helpers to celebrate the 100th birthday of the group on Sunday.
Brown owl Lindsey McKirgan put on an exhibition with memorabilia from decades of activities and trips the members have enjoyed.
A thanksgiving service was also held at Milton Methodist Church and visitors enjoyed a party tea.
Lindsey said: "It was just fantastic. Everybody who came had a wonderful time.
You may also want to watch:
"A lot of former members came for a trip down memory lane."
The pack has 36 members.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 3 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 4 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 5 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 6 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 7 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 8 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 9 Uphill Castle run riot in Somerset League Cup
- 10 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
Brownies enjoy games, learn new skills, earn badges and go on trips together.
The group is looking for more leaders.
Anyone interested in joining can email Lindsey at firstname.lastname@example.org