Brownies celebrate 100th anniversary of pack
- Credit: Archant
Brownies and leaders of all ages celebrated a century of their pack with a party and church service in Weston-super-Mare.
Third Weston Brownies, which meets in Milton Methodist Church, invited past and present brownies, leaders and helpers to celebrate the 100th birthday of the group on Sunday.
Brown owl Lindsey McKirgan put on an exhibition with memorabilia from decades of activities and trips the members have enjoyed.
A thanksgiving service was also held at Milton Methodist Church and visitors enjoyed a party tea.
Lindsey said: "It was just fantastic. Everybody who came had a wonderful time.
You may also want to watch:
"A lot of former members came for a trip down memory lane."
The pack has 36 members.
- 1 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 2 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 3 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 4 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
- 5 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Historic detached house near Weston town centre
- 9 Two shops opening for first time next week
- 10 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
Brownies enjoy games, learn new skills, earn badges and go on trips together.
The group is looking for more leaders.
Anyone interested in joining can email Lindsey at email@example.com