Solar powered gig on the seafront to take place on Bank Holiday
- Credit: Archant
Music-lovers are in for a treat this Bank Holiday, as a putting green by Weston’s seafront will be transformed into a unique outdoor music event.
Culture Weston will team up with Loves Café, to bring a line-up of live acoustic music and Loves’ favourites to a solar-powered stage.
Headliners The Magic Numbers will be joined by Ben Ottewell from band Gomez, and Weston-based musicians Alex Lipinski and Marvin Muoneké, who featured on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent in 2018.
Loves Live On The Lawn will take place on August 30 at the Putting Green, in Royal Sands, from 4.30pm to 10pm.
Following coronavirus government guidelines, the event will be socially distanced to ensure audience safety and ticket numbers limited to match the small capacity of the event.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for safe groups of four and six people will be available, with each group allocated its own designated pod area, marked out on the lawn and people advised to take along a picnic blanket to sit on.
Single tickets are available at £30 each, which includes deckchair seating.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 10 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
Anna Southwell, owner of Loves, said: “As a long-established, independent venue dedicated to promoting original music, we are thrilled to be presenting Loves Live On The Lawn, a not-for-profit event, in partnership with Culture Weston.
“Not only is this our first-ever outdoor event, but we believe the first solar-powered gig for the town.
“Embodying the ethos of Loves, with its hand-picked acts, green set-up and local suppliers, the event is a chance for people to support the music industry, local businesses and breweries, as well as have a unique experience. We can’t wait to bring the magic outdoors for a socially-distanced taste of the old normal.”
The environmentally-friendly and plastic-free event will also have a Loves bar with contactless card payment, offering woodfired pizzas, drinks in recyclable cans and glass bottles.
While no food or alcoholic drinks can be taken onto the premises, people are welcome to take a reusable bottle of water, which can be re-filled on site.
Tickets, priced £28-30, are available online at ticketsource.co.uk/culture-weston
Fiona Matthews, creative director at Culture Weston, added: “We have created several collaborative events in the cafe’s unique surroundings, and are counting down the days until our first joint al fresco gig that lines up local gems alongside internationally-loved musicians.”