Residents Weston care home enjoy afternoon of ice skating
- Credit: Archant
Residents of a Weston-super-Mare care home took to the ice to enjoy an afternoon of skating last week.
Staff and volunteers of Abbey Gate, in Beach Road, joined in the fun by visiting Icescape at the Tropicana on Friday.
Care home manager Marie McMillan said: “We are always trying to come up with inventive ways for our residents to enjoy themselves and have fun.
“It is good for them to have something which stimulates their minds and everyone had a great time being pushed on the ice in their wheelchairs.
“I must say a huge thank you to Icescape for letting us use their facilities.”
Abbey Gate provides accommodation for people who have dementia, require nursing or personal care and offers specialist care for adults aged 65 and over.
The care home received an overall ‘good’ rating by the Care Quality Commission at its latest inspection in December.
- 1 Four jailed for total of more than 40 years for raid at drug dealer's home
- 2 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 3 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 4 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 5 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 6 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 7 New boss Hutt 'couldn't say yes fast enough' to Winscombe post
- 8 Hornets celebrate historical promotion to National 2 West
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
Icescape closed for this year on Sunday, having opened in October.