Residents enjoy skating fun at Icescape
- Credit: Archant
Residents of two Weston care homes took to the ice.
Some of the residents from Abbey Gate Residential Care Home and The Links Care Home enjoyed an ice skating session at Icescape.
While some enjoyed the thrills and chills of the ice, others enjoyed the cosy comfort of a hot chocolate.
Icescape will close on Sunday, having opened in October.
Abbey Gate provides accommodation for people who have dementia, require nursing or personal care and offers specialist care for adults aged 65 and over.
You may also want to watch:
An Abbey Gate spokesman said: "They all had a great afternoon, lots of laughter and excitement, and a big thank you to Icescape who were so understanding with our residents and allowing them time to swap over to other residents to give everyone a chance to go on the ice.
"One resident, aged 97, was so excited because she had never been ice skating ever before."
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 Inadequate care home responds
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 9 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic