Residents enjoy skating fun at Icescape
- Credit: Archant
Residents of two Weston care homes took to the ice.
Some of the residents from Abbey Gate Residential Care Home and The Links Care Home enjoyed an ice skating session at Icescape.
While some enjoyed the thrills and chills of the ice, others enjoyed the cosy comfort of a hot chocolate.
Icescape will close on Sunday, having opened in October.
Abbey Gate provides accommodation for people who have dementia, require nursing or personal care and offers specialist care for adults aged 65 and over.
You may also want to watch:
An Abbey Gate spokesman said: "They all had a great afternoon, lots of laughter and excitement, and a big thank you to Icescape who were so understanding with our residents and allowing them time to swap over to other residents to give everyone a chance to go on the ice.
"One resident, aged 97, was so excited because she had never been ice skating ever before."
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 9 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards