PICTURES: Weston Beach Race welcomes hundreds of racers and spectators
- Credit: Archant
Weston Beach Race saw a ‘record crowd’ as the event marked its 37th year running.
The event welcomed thousands of people at the seafront despite the autumnal weather on Saturday and Sunday.
People came from all over the country to take part in the event and they were event joined by the likes of former European motocross champion, Mel Pocock, Billy Bolt, Ashley Greedy and David Knight.
Gareth Hockey, director of RHL activities said they had a great weekend.
He said: "We've had a lot of positive feedback, especially from the riders about how well the track was flowing.
You may also want to watch:
"When it comes to attendance and the overall event, well it's been absolutely amazing, it's got to be one of the biggest ones we've ever done.
"Now we've got to work on how we'll top it for next year and make the event even better for the many families and spectators."
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 6 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 7 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 10 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week