PICTURES: Weston Beach Race welcomes hundreds of racers and spectators
- Credit: Archant
Weston Beach Race saw a ‘record crowd’ as the event marked its 37th year running.
The event welcomed thousands of people at the seafront despite the autumnal weather on Saturday and Sunday.
People came from all over the country to take part in the event and they were event joined by the likes of former European motocross champion, Mel Pocock, Billy Bolt, Ashley Greedy and David Knight.
Gareth Hockey, director of RHL activities said they had a great weekend.
He said: "We've had a lot of positive feedback, especially from the riders about how well the track was flowing.
You may also want to watch:
"When it comes to attendance and the overall event, well it's been absolutely amazing, it's got to be one of the biggest ones we've ever done.
"Now we've got to work on how we'll top it for next year and make the event even better for the many families and spectators."
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 North Somerset startup to supply face masks for Team GB skaters
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 Former pupils become teachers