Weston-based charity raises £10k
- Credit: Archant
A Weston-based charity raised £10,000 at a fundraising ball.
Broad Community Trust hosted its sixth charity ball at Rookery Manor, raising much-needed funds for Weston Hospicecare and Macmillan Cancer Support’s North Somerset team.
This year’s event had a Las Vegas theme and attendees were entertained by a casino.
There was also a golden raffle for a three-night break in the American resort.
Entertainment included live music from 1990s tribute act Cotton Eye Joe and the Lipinski Brothers.
You may also want to watch:
The funding will help pay for the Macmillan adviser in the support centre based at Weston General Hospital, as well as a staff nurse at Weston Hospicecare.
Trustee Scott Daniels is delighted by the fundraiser’s success.
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 3 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 6 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 7 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 8 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 9 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 10 Man jailed for knife possession offence
He said: “We raised a huge sum of money and had a fantastic night.
“I must give a massive thanks to our sponsors as without them this would not have been possible.”