Weston-based charity raises £10k
- Credit: Archant
A Weston-based charity raised £10,000 at a fundraising ball.
Broad Community Trust hosted its sixth charity ball at Rookery Manor, raising much-needed funds for Weston Hospicecare and Macmillan Cancer Support’s North Somerset team.
This year’s event had a Las Vegas theme and attendees were entertained by a casino.
There was also a golden raffle for a three-night break in the American resort.
Entertainment included live music from 1990s tribute act Cotton Eye Joe and the Lipinski Brothers.
You may also want to watch:
The funding will help pay for the Macmillan adviser in the support centre based at Weston General Hospital, as well as a staff nurse at Weston Hospicecare.
Trustee Scott Daniels is delighted by the fundraiser’s success.
- 1 Armed police at Birnbeck Pier after reports of men with a gun
- 2 Petrol filling station and food store opens on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Sun shines on successful Weston food festival
- 4 'Brilliant week' for Weston after April 12 ease in restrictions
- 5 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 6 Police appeal for dash cam footage after serious collision near Weston
- 7 Workshops to discuss new medical centre at Weston Rugby Club
- 8 GALLERY: Photographers capture springtime snapshots in Weston-super-Mare
- 9 Winscombe gardening business gets Alan Titchmarsh's blessing
- 10 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
He said: “We raised a huge sum of money and had a fantastic night.
“I must give a massive thanks to our sponsors as without them this would not have been possible.”