Charity quiz night in aid of Hospice UK
- Credit: Archant
A charity quiz night will be held in Weston next week.
Lewis Day is running the London Marathon on behalf of Hospice UK, and he has organised the fundraising event at All Stars, in Regent Street.
He has raised almost £1,000 for the charity so far.
Lewis said: “I have been running for about three years now and never thought I would be in the position to take on such a challenge.
“I’ve never considered myself a long distance runner so reaching the 26-mile finish line is going to take a lot of dedication and training.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a charity which means a lot to our family, my grandfather, Peter, was cared for with great dignity and love in his final days and my wife’s grandmother, Joyce, also had the care of the hospice.
“So we have seen first-hand the amazing and important job the hospice does for families all over the country.”
- 1 RNLI believes return to Birnbeck Island 'the most credible option' for Weston
- 2 Weston town centre to undergo 'facelift' next month
- 3 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 4 Weston woman celebrates 105th birthday
- 5 Parents 'in tears' over Weston school's generous fuel fund
- 6 Weston site to offer more coronavirus tests for people with symptoms
- 7 Work begins on Weston's £20million broadband investment
- 8 Housing groups preparing application to build medical centre in village
- 9 Weston café raising funds to deliver meals to frontline workers
- 10 WSM front teaser 2801
The quiz will take place on April 12 at 7.30pm.
To donate, click here.