Charity quiz night in aid of Hospice UK
- Credit: Archant
A charity quiz night will be held in Weston next week.
Lewis Day is running the London Marathon on behalf of Hospice UK, and he has organised the fundraising event at All Stars, in Regent Street.
He has raised almost £1,000 for the charity so far.
Lewis said: “I have been running for about three years now and never thought I would be in the position to take on such a challenge.
“I’ve never considered myself a long distance runner so reaching the 26-mile finish line is going to take a lot of dedication and training.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a charity which means a lot to our family, my grandfather, Peter, was cared for with great dignity and love in his final days and my wife’s grandmother, Joyce, also had the care of the hospice.
“So we have seen first-hand the amazing and important job the hospice does for families all over the country.”
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 6 New principal appointed at academy
- 7 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 8 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
The quiz will take place on April 12 at 7.30pm.
To donate, click here.