Charity quiz night in aid of Hospice UK
- Credit: Archant
A charity quiz night will be held in Weston next week.
Lewis Day is running the London Marathon on behalf of Hospice UK, and he has organised the fundraising event at All Stars, in Regent Street.
He has raised almost £1,000 for the charity so far.
Lewis said: “I have been running for about three years now and never thought I would be in the position to take on such a challenge.
“I’ve never considered myself a long distance runner so reaching the 26-mile finish line is going to take a lot of dedication and training.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a charity which means a lot to our family, my grandfather, Peter, was cared for with great dignity and love in his final days and my wife’s grandmother, Joyce, also had the care of the hospice.
“So we have seen first-hand the amazing and important job the hospice does for families all over the country.”
- 1 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Will garden village be revived?
- 5 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 6 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 How to order free Covid home tests
- 9 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 10 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
The quiz will take place on April 12 at 7.30pm.
To donate, click here.