Charity quiz night in aid of Hospice UK
- Credit: Archant
A charity quiz night will be held in Weston next week.
Lewis Day is running the London Marathon on behalf of Hospice UK, and he has organised the fundraising event at All Stars, in Regent Street.
He has raised almost £1,000 for the charity so far.
Lewis said: “I have been running for about three years now and never thought I would be in the position to take on such a challenge.
“I’ve never considered myself a long distance runner so reaching the 26-mile finish line is going to take a lot of dedication and training.
“This is a charity which means a lot to our family, my grandfather, Peter, was cared for with great dignity and love in his final days and my wife’s grandmother, Joyce, also had the care of the hospice.
“So we have seen first-hand the amazing and important job the hospice does for families all over the country.”
- 1 Four jailed for total of more than 40 years for raid at drug dealer's home
- 2 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 3 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 4 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 5 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 6 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 7 New boss Hutt 'couldn't say yes fast enough' to Winscombe post
- 8 Hornets celebrate historical promotion to National 2 West
- 9 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
- 10 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
The quiz will take place on April 12 at 7.30pm.
To donate, click here.