Musicians help church to raise funds for Albania mission
- Credit: Supplied
A series of concerts have helped a Weston church to raise funds for a mission to Albania.
Milton Baptist Church has put on a number of musical events to raise cash for a cause close to its heart.
Albania is one of the poorest countries in Europe, with nearly one quarter of the population living in extreme poverty.
Rev Bob McKay is leading a team of the church's young people on a mission to the country at the end of July to try to help the poor communities.
Acclaimed musician Richard Lennox - a professional pianist and organist - performed at the church in October, raising more than £800 for the cause.
You may also want to watch:
The second concert in April also raised more than £1,300.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Village enjoys returning horticultural show
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse