Musicians help church to raise funds for Albania mission
- Credit: Supplied
A series of concerts have helped a Weston church to raise funds for a mission to Albania.
Milton Baptist Church has put on a number of musical events to raise cash for a cause close to its heart.
Albania is one of the poorest countries in Europe, with nearly one quarter of the population living in extreme poverty.
Rev Bob McKay is leading a team of the church's young people on a mission to the country at the end of July to try to help the poor communities.
Acclaimed musician Richard Lennox - a professional pianist and organist - performed at the church in October, raising more than £800 for the cause.
The second concert in April also raised more than £1,300.
- 1 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 2 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 3 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 4 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 5 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 6 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 7 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Somerset MP defends PM attending Downing Street 'party' after 'busy day'
- 10 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend