Musicians help church to raise funds for Albania mission
- Credit: Supplied
A series of concerts have helped a Weston church to raise funds for a mission to Albania.
Milton Baptist Church has put on a number of musical events to raise cash for a cause close to its heart.
Albania is one of the poorest countries in Europe, with nearly one quarter of the population living in extreme poverty.
Rev Bob McKay is leading a team of the church's young people on a mission to the country at the end of July to try to help the poor communities.
Acclaimed musician Richard Lennox - a professional pianist and organist - performed at the church in October, raising more than £800 for the cause.
You may also want to watch:
The second concert in April also raised more than £1,300.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 8 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force