New store to open in Sovereign Centre
- Credit: Archant
A new store will open in Weston’s Sovereign Shopping Centre tomorrow (Friday).
After a number of successful pop-up markets held in the old food court, The Weston Collective has decided to take its love of independent businesses to the next level and open a shop.
It will open its store in the former Optika unit.
Jane Main, founder of The Weston Collective, said: “We are overjoyed to be opening our first permanent home here in the Sovereign Centre, in the perfect High Street location.
“My passion has been to support local independent businesses by giving them the opportunity to showcase their unique styles.
You may also want to watch:
“We have 14 businesses from the get-go ranging from clothing to hand-made glass objects, bath products to chocolate and ceramic to plants.
“I believe lockdown has helped people refocus and has given me hope that our shop local initiatives are what people want.”
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 3 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 4 Retailers react as shops reopen to customers again
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 7 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder