New store to open in Sovereign Centre
- Credit: Archant
A new store will open in Weston’s Sovereign Shopping Centre tomorrow (Friday).
After a number of successful pop-up markets held in the old food court, The Weston Collective has decided to take its love of independent businesses to the next level and open a shop.
It will open its store in the former Optika unit.
Jane Main, founder of The Weston Collective, said: “We are overjoyed to be opening our first permanent home here in the Sovereign Centre, in the perfect High Street location.
“My passion has been to support local independent businesses by giving them the opportunity to showcase their unique styles.
You may also want to watch:
“We have 14 businesses from the get-go ranging from clothing to hand-made glass objects, bath products to chocolate and ceramic to plants.
“I believe lockdown has helped people refocus and has given me hope that our shop local initiatives are what people want.”
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 3 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 4 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 5 PICTURES: Village Flower Show returns after Covid hiatus
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 8 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 9 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster