Gallery displays impressive work by Weston College students
- Credit: Archant
Paintings, photography, print and mixed media created by students a students have gone on display at an art gallery.
Louise Chapman, Molly Burton-Dickie, Lydia Cashmore, Maya Sorensen-Bates, Sarahjane Hudson, Eve Hawkins, Sophie Gillett, Samantha Williams, Olivia Dollery, Alex Mitchell, Megan Behennah, Lauren Nichols, Kayleigh Ellis and Victoria Valentine have worked towards the exhibition as part of their A-level course.
Their work will be on display in LT Gallery, Orchard Street, until March 12.
There are references to Mexican art, African print and gender ambiguity, as well as personal expression of relationships to places, people, other artists and history.
Students have also learnt how to prepare for and put on an exhibition at a gallery.
You may also want to watch:
The gallery is open on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 10am-4pm and from noon to 7pm on Thursdays.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 6 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years