Gallery displays impressive work by Weston College students
- Credit: Archant
Paintings, photography, print and mixed media created by students a students have gone on display at an art gallery.
Louise Chapman, Molly Burton-Dickie, Lydia Cashmore, Maya Sorensen-Bates, Sarahjane Hudson, Eve Hawkins, Sophie Gillett, Samantha Williams, Olivia Dollery, Alex Mitchell, Megan Behennah, Lauren Nichols, Kayleigh Ellis and Victoria Valentine have worked towards the exhibition as part of their A-level course.
Their work will be on display in LT Gallery, Orchard Street, until March 12.
There are references to Mexican art, African print and gender ambiguity, as well as personal expression of relationships to places, people, other artists and history.
Students have also learnt how to prepare for and put on an exhibition at a gallery.
You may also want to watch:
The gallery is open on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 10am-4pm and from noon to 7pm on Thursdays.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 New principal appointed at academy
- 5 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'