Christmas show by UCW
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people watched University Centre Weston (UCW) and Weston College students and graduates perform a festive play.
The group staged A Christmas Carol at The Playhouse in High Street from November 12-17 before taking the show to The Theatre Royal, in Windsor, for a week-long run.
Audiences totalling around 3,000 people watched the nine performances.
Singer Marvin ‘The Jazzman’ Muoneke, who graduated from UCW in 2017 and reached the semi-finals of this year’s Britain’s Got Talent, took on the role of the Ghost Of Christmas Present.
UCW students Chrystal Bliss and Becky Petrie played the Ghost Of Christmas Past and the Ghost Of Christmas Future respectively.
You may also want to watch:
Weston College group principal and chief executive Dr Paul Phillips said: “I am delighted our up-and-coming performers again got to tread the boards in these prestigious theatres.”
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 5 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 8 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 9 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector
- 10 New school welcomes its first pupils