Weston College shortlisted twice for awards
- Credit: Archant
Weston College has been shortlisted twice for the 2021 Times Educational Supplement (Tes) further education awards.
The college has been shortlisted for the further education college of the year award and outstanding use of technology in delivering remote teaching and learning.
A college spokesman said: "This recognition comes after Weston College has shown a record-breaking financial performance for 2019/20.
"This is testament to the leadership of principal Dr Paul Phillips, who delivered an outstanding remote model of teaching and learning #MyVirtualCollege, with the college having its most successful year in terms of learner recruitment and achievements with high employer satisfaction rates, despite the pandemic.
"This is in addition to being chosen as both a regional institute of technology lead and national digital T level lead, alongside becoming a UK SEND centre of excellence and receiving national recognition for our trailblazing work on student mental health and organisational wellbeing."
After a very successful online awards ceremony last year, Tes is once again holding this year’s awards ceremony virtually.
The winners will be announced on May 28.
- 1 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 2 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 3 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 4 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
- 5 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 6 Hot air balloons return to Weston
- 7 Closure of A370 in Weston for improvements
- 8 Chargeable garden waste collection service begins
- 9 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 10 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre