General election survey results
- Credit: Archant
The Mercury conducted a pre-election survey which received 608 responses. Its results are summarised below.
On a national basis, what are your main priorities going into the general election?
Brexit was the main priority of respondents, with 323 votes, ahead of health with 176.
Which Brexit-related option do you want to happen?
Wanting the UK to remain in the European Union (EU) was the most popular choice with 302 votes. Accept Prime Minister Boris Johnson's deal was the next highest with 161 responses.
You may also want to watch:
How satisfied have you been with your local MP since the previous election in 2017?
The most popular response was poor, which was selected by 285 readers. Only 26 respondents felt John Penrose has done an excellent job in the past two years.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 8 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
On a local level, what is the biggest issue?
No 24-hour A&E service at Weston General Hospital was the most selected with 388 responses.
How do you intend to vote on December 12?
The Conservatives came out on top with 25 per cent. The Liberal Democrats scored 21 per cent and Labour 17 per cent.