There With You: Support group to help isolated people in Weston
- Credit: Archant
A support group has been set up in Weston to help people who are isolated due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The Weston-super-Mare Coronavirus Response is supported by Hope Church, ROC and other church groups in the area.
Volunteers are keen to form a central hub to get food and supplies to people who need it most.
It is a town-wide initiative and will focus on reaching difficult areas that might not be reached by local projects and groups.
Members will liaise with food retailers and charities to make sure nobody is missed out.
You may also want to watch:
The group has set up a website with all the latest information and support.
You can access this by logging on to coronasupport-wsm.co.uk
Volunteers have also drawn up the form below, which can be posted to people in your area to ensure they get the help they need.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course