Margaret and Geoff Breakey celebrate diamond wedding anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A Weston couple are celebrating 60 years of marriage today (Thursday).
Childhood sweethearts Margaret and Geoff Breakey met at a youth club before marrying at St Martins Church in Worle on May 14, 1960.
Geoff and Margaret had three children, Mark, Paul and Lorraine, and the family took numerous train trips to Torquay and Dawlish.
When asked what their secret to a long and happy marriage was, Margaret said: “We like to do things together, it’s team work.”
Geoff spent all his working life working on the railways while Margaret, worked in Sainsbury’s until she retired.
You may also want to watch:
Their daughter, Lorraine, said they have always been ‘very supportive parents’ and ‘fantastic child care providers’ for their eight grandchildren, and four great-grandchildren.
Since retirement the couple have enjoyed many holidays in the UK and abroad, including annual trips to Sorrento and Spain.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 4 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 5 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Talent show judge releases book on postnatal depression
- 8 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 9 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 10 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'