Margaret and Geoff Breakey celebrate diamond wedding anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A Weston couple are celebrating 60 years of marriage today (Thursday).
Childhood sweethearts Margaret and Geoff Breakey met at a youth club before marrying at St Martins Church in Worle on May 14, 1960.
Geoff and Margaret had three children, Mark, Paul and Lorraine, and the family took numerous train trips to Torquay and Dawlish.
When asked what their secret to a long and happy marriage was, Margaret said: “We like to do things together, it’s team work.”
Geoff spent all his working life working on the railways while Margaret, worked in Sainsbury’s until she retired.
You may also want to watch:
Their daughter, Lorraine, said they have always been ‘very supportive parents’ and ‘fantastic child care providers’ for their eight grandchildren, and four great-grandchildren.
Since retirement the couple have enjoyed many holidays in the UK and abroad, including annual trips to Sorrento and Spain.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 5 New principal appointed at academy
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'