Couple to celebrate diamond wedding online
- Credit: Annette Pugh
A Weston couple are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary with a family Zoom call.
Barbara and Stanley Pugh met in the late 1950s and married at Holy Cross Church in Birmingham on April 3, 1961.
They have two daughters and two grandchildren and moved to Weston to enjoy their retirement.
Their daughter Annette said: "Since then they have enjoyed many happy years, gardening, dog walking and taking part in village life. The secret to their long marriage is always being there to support each other."
Barbara and Stan were married over the Easter holidays 60 years ago and they are delighted their diamond wedding anniversary has fallen on Easter weekend, too.
The couple are hoping to celebrate with a family gathering once Covid restrictions are lifted. They will be marking their big day with a Zoom call with their loved ones.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 9 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 10 Former pupils become teachers