PICTURES: Drinkers enjoy cricket club’s beer and cider festival
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people basked in the sunshine and enjoyed a cheeky tipple while watching a true British sport.
Weston Cricket Club hosted its annual beer and cider festival which saw people of all ages watch the charity cricket match and enjoy a day out in the warm weather.
The weekend saw two cricket matches take place, the first team played Bishopston Cricket Club and on May 26, back-garden team Shaftesbury Road took their turn on the green.
The Leylines entertained the crowds on the second night with a mix of covers and original songs.
The Voice star Harrisen Larner-Main also grabbed his guitar and performed some brilliant covers for people, showing why he made it so far in the television reality talent show.
You may also want to watch:
The event saw visitors choose from more than 30 ales and ciders from local brewers in Somerset and further afield.
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 6 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 7 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 8 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser