PICTURES: Drinkers enjoy cricket club’s beer and cider festival
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people basked in the sunshine and enjoyed a cheeky tipple while watching a true British sport.
Weston Cricket Club hosted its annual beer and cider festival which saw people of all ages watch the charity cricket match and enjoy a day out in the warm weather.
The weekend saw two cricket matches take place, the first team played Bishopston Cricket Club and on May 26, back-garden team Shaftesbury Road took their turn on the green.
The Leylines entertained the crowds on the second night with a mix of covers and original songs.
The Voice star Harrisen Larner-Main also grabbed his guitar and performed some brilliant covers for people, showing why he made it so far in the television reality talent show.
You may also want to watch:
The event saw visitors choose from more than 30 ales and ciders from local brewers in Somerset and further afield.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 6 Will garden village be revived?
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 9 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple