Winter Gardens hosts inaugural Weston Dance Festival
- Credit: Archant
More than 90 competitors wowed audiences with ballroom, Latin and classic dance performances in Weston-super-Mare.
The Winter Gardens Pavilion hosted the inaugural Weston Dance Festival on November 3 and 4 as dancers from all over the country took part.
Professional dance partners Jamie Simpson and Jade Dennis, and Scott Horne and Claudia Lewthwait taking part in the two-day competition.
Children as young as six years old filled the floor with colour and talent to show the judging panel what they could do.
Tansin Benn, chairman of the Winter Gardens community board, said: “As an interested social dancer, to see such talent competing in the beautiful ballroom was a privilege and a joy.
You may also want to watch:
“It is pleasing we can bring such high quality dance events back to Weston.
“The standard of presentation, colourful costumes and lighting created a great atmosphere.”
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse