Weston dance group wins its first trophy
- Credit: Archant
A Weston dance company has won its first trophy.
Twist-O-Flex Dance Company is run by sisters Laura Hazell and Emma Thorne.
They opened four years ago and have been expanding ever since, with its youngest dancers aged two and the oldest 16-years-old.
A competition squad was formed last year and an extra day of practise was set to see what could be achieved.
Toprockers, a squad of 10 girls, has competed in the age 10 and under category across the country.
The group won the national street house championships in Taunton, with other dancers finishing highly in separate solo and duo categories.
A group spokesman said: "We are so proud of our competition team, they have come so far with their dance, giving us more and more each time they perform."
- 1 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
- 2 ITV This Morning to broadcast live from Weston
- 3 Haywood Village set for historic first-ever Jubilee celebration
- 4 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 5 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 6 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 7 Cadbury House to host open air cinema for the summer
- 8 PICTURES: More than a dozen cars damaged in Weston arson attacks
- 9 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 10 Free exhibition on Ivy Millicent James on show at Weston Museum
Classes are held at Our Lady of Lourdes Church, in Baytree Road, on Thursdays and Saturdays.