Weston dance group wins its first trophy
- Credit: Archant
A Weston dance company has won its first trophy.
Twist-O-Flex Dance Company is run by sisters Laura Hazell and Emma Thorne.
They opened four years ago and have been expanding ever since, with its youngest dancers aged two and the oldest 16-years-old.
A competition squad was formed last year and an extra day of practise was set to see what could be achieved.
Toprockers, a squad of 10 girls, has competed in the age 10 and under category across the country.
You may also want to watch:
The group won the national street house championships in Taunton, with other dancers finishing highly in separate solo and duo categories.
A group spokesman said: "We are so proud of our competition team, they have come so far with their dance, giving us more and more each time they perform."
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
Classes are held at Our Lady of Lourdes Church, in Baytree Road, on Thursdays and Saturdays.