Weston dance group wins its first trophy
- Credit: Archant
A Weston dance company has won its first trophy.
Twist-O-Flex Dance Company is run by sisters Laura Hazell and Emma Thorne.
They opened four years ago and have been expanding ever since, with its youngest dancers aged two and the oldest 16-years-old.
A competition squad was formed last year and an extra day of practise was set to see what could be achieved.
Toprockers, a squad of 10 girls, has competed in the age 10 and under category across the country.
You may also want to watch:
The group won the national street house championships in Taunton, with other dancers finishing highly in separate solo and duo categories.
A group spokesman said: "We are so proud of our competition team, they have come so far with their dance, giving us more and more each time they perform."
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 7 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 8 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 Live at the Quarry is 'great success'
Classes are held at Our Lady of Lourdes Church, in Baytree Road, on Thursdays and Saturdays.