Weston dance group wins its first trophy
- Credit: Archant
A Weston dance company has won its first trophy.
Twist-O-Flex Dance Company is run by sisters Laura Hazell and Emma Thorne.
They opened four years ago and have been expanding ever since, with its youngest dancers aged two and the oldest 16-years-old.
A competition squad was formed last year and an extra day of practise was set to see what could be achieved.
Toprockers, a squad of 10 girls, has competed in the age 10 and under category across the country.
You may also want to watch:
The group won the national street house championships in Taunton, with other dancers finishing highly in separate solo and duo categories.
A group spokesman said: "We are so proud of our competition team, they have come so far with their dance, giving us more and more each time they perform."
- 1 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 2 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 3 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 4 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 7 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 8 PICTURES: Village Flower Show returns after Covid hiatus
- 9 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
Classes are held at Our Lady of Lourdes Church, in Baytree Road, on Thursdays and Saturdays.