New firm appointed to empty dog bins
- Credit: Archant
A new company has taken over emptying dog bins across the Weston area after a number of missed collections.
Kent-based contractor Bin-It Ltd has had its contract terminated by Weston Town Council after a troubling December resulted in no collections and overflowing bins.
It was not invoiced for the past two months.
Bleadon-based Greenways Grounds Maintenance began on Monday and after three months its service will be reviewed.
Dog waste bins in Castle Batch park and in playing fields opposite Market Avenue in Worle were left overflowing for several weeks, while bins in Hutton were used to dispose of inappropriate animal waste, such as rabbit pellets and cat litter.
You may also want to watch:
The Mercury reported the issue earlier in the month after the council took steps to empty overflowing dog bins across the town ‘before there was another public health emergency’.
- 1 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 2 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 5 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
- 6 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 7 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 8 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 9 Historic detached house near Weston town centre
- 10 Two shops opening for first time next week