Drugs seized from empty Weston home by police
- Credit: Archant
Several cannabis plants were seized and a man is in custody after a drugs raid in Weston-super-Mare yesterday (Wednesday).
Police were called to reports of cannabis plants found at an empty house in Locking Road just before 2pm.
A man in his 20s was arrested on suspicion of producing of the drug.
An Avon and Somerset Constabulary spokesman said: “We were called to reports of a number of cannabis plants at an empty property in The Mart, in Locking Road, shortly before 3pm on Wednesday.
“The plants – found on the ground floor – have been seized.
You may also want to watch:
“A man in his 20s has been arrested on suspicion of the production of a class B drug, cannabis, and remains in police custody.”
Police enquiries are continuing.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Village enjoys returning horticultural show
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse