Drugs seized from empty Weston home by police
- Credit: Archant
Several cannabis plants were seized and a man is in custody after a drugs raid in Weston-super-Mare yesterday (Wednesday).
Police were called to reports of cannabis plants found at an empty house in Locking Road just before 2pm.
A man in his 20s was arrested on suspicion of producing of the drug.
An Avon and Somerset Constabulary spokesman said: “We were called to reports of a number of cannabis plants at an empty property in The Mart, in Locking Road, shortly before 3pm on Wednesday.
“The plants – found on the ground floor – have been seized.
“A man in his 20s has been arrested on suspicion of the production of a class B drug, cannabis, and remains in police custody.”
Police enquiries are continuing.
- 1 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 2 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 3 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 4 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 5 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 6 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 7 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Somerset MP defends PM attending Downing Street 'party' after 'busy day'
- 10 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend