Drugs seized from empty Weston home by police
- Credit: Archant
Several cannabis plants were seized and a man is in custody after a drugs raid in Weston-super-Mare yesterday (Wednesday).
Police were called to reports of cannabis plants found at an empty house in Locking Road just before 2pm.
A man in his 20s was arrested on suspicion of producing of the drug.
An Avon and Somerset Constabulary spokesman said: “We were called to reports of a number of cannabis plants at an empty property in The Mart, in Locking Road, shortly before 3pm on Wednesday.
“The plants – found on the ground floor – have been seized.
You may also want to watch:
“A man in his 20s has been arrested on suspicion of the production of a class B drug, cannabis, and remains in police custody.”
Police enquiries are continuing.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force