Weston Flower Show cancelled - replaced with virtual version
- Credit: Mike Jerrett
The Weston Flower Show will be judged virtually due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The Weston Flower Show has been cancelled and replaced with a virtual version.
John Chapman, chairman of the Weston Horticultural Board, confirmed the change, caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
A statement from the event’s organisers said: “We propose holding a virtual Flower Show in the early part of August where exhibitors can submit photos of their entries for judging.
“We have had to restrict the entries to horticultural items. The show normally has many other categories, i.e. floral art, home craft, handicraft and children’s competitions.
You may also want to watch:
“The show will be open to all residents in the town.”
The virtual contest will judge flowers, vegetables, pot plants and garden categories, all of which will be made up of sub categories.
- 1 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 2 Crews tackle large fire at Burnham-on-Sea pier
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 5 Artist creates giant image of band on Brean beach
- 6 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 7 Legendary DJ to perform in Weston this weekend
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
Entries need to be sent to email@example.com from July 25, with the deadline set for 8pm, August 5.