Weston Flower Show returns to town centre
- Credit: Archant
WESTON-SUPER-MARE town centre was filled with floral delights as the annual flower show took over the Town Square.
Members of Weston Horticultural Society are celebrating after Saturday’s event was judged hugely successful, with 84 people entering 475 exhibits in 81 classes.
Thanks to support from Weston In Bloom, Weston Business Improvement District and Weston Town Council, the show returned to the centre of town, which meant the public could enjoy the great displays, demonstrations and activities on offer.
The award for the best exhibit in the show went to Dawn Underwood while the prize for best exhibit in the horticultural classes was claimed by David Rock.
This year’s event included competition classes for flower arranging, vegetables and crafts as well as a trail around the In Bloom displays.
The winners of the children’s plant-a-welly competition, where youngsters had to make a plant pot out of a welly, were also awarded their prizes.
You may also want to watch:
The winners were Jacob Lloyd of St Mark’s Primary School, Kadie Speller, also of St Mark’s, and Dionne Sargent from Bournville Primary.
- 1 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 2 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 3 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
- 4 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 5 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Historic detached house near Weston town centre
- 9 Two shops opening for first time next week
- 10 Attempted theft at Weston charity shop