Donation made to foodbank
- Credit: Archant
Weston Foodbank received a donation of almost £3,000 to help it continue to serve the community.
A presentation of £2,900 was made on behalf of Weston Freemasons to the foodbank, in North Street.
A Freemasons spokesman said: “In these difficult and challenging times, we all need to support our local communities and especially provide help in looking after the most vulnerable and needy.
“Everyone was particularly careful to ensure social distancing was maintained throughout the presentation.
“We thank the foodbank for the incredible work they do in helping vulnerable people across Weston.”
You may also want to watch:
In the first two weeks of the pandemic, the foodbank saw demand rise by 81 per cent.
The foodbank is running collection points across Weston and Worle throughout the lockdown.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 9 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 10 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
For information, go to westonsupermare.foodbank.org.uk.