Donation made to foodbank
- Credit: Archant
Weston Foodbank received a donation of almost £3,000 to help it continue to serve the community.
A presentation of £2,900 was made on behalf of Weston Freemasons to the foodbank, in North Street.
A Freemasons spokesman said: “In these difficult and challenging times, we all need to support our local communities and especially provide help in looking after the most vulnerable and needy.
“Everyone was particularly careful to ensure social distancing was maintained throughout the presentation.
“We thank the foodbank for the incredible work they do in helping vulnerable people across Weston.”
You may also want to watch:
In the first two weeks of the pandemic, the foodbank saw demand rise by 81 per cent.
The foodbank is running collection points across Weston and Worle throughout the lockdown.
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 6 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
For information, go to westonsupermare.foodbank.org.uk.