Donation made to foodbank
- Credit: Archant
Weston Foodbank received a donation of almost £3,000 to help it continue to serve the community.
A presentation of £2,900 was made on behalf of Weston Freemasons to the foodbank, in North Street.
A Freemasons spokesman said: “In these difficult and challenging times, we all need to support our local communities and especially provide help in looking after the most vulnerable and needy.
“Everyone was particularly careful to ensure social distancing was maintained throughout the presentation.
“We thank the foodbank for the incredible work they do in helping vulnerable people across Weston.”
In the first two weeks of the pandemic, the foodbank saw demand rise by 81 per cent.
The foodbank is running collection points across Weston and Worle throughout the lockdown.
- 1 Lovely views from large bungalow in sought-after village
- 2 ITV This Morning to broadcast live from Weston
- 3 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
- 4 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 7 Haywood Village set for historic first-ever Jubilee celebration
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 10 Police hunt suspected arsonist after rampage in Weston
For information, go to westonsupermare.foodbank.org.uk.