Veteran aware accreditation for Weston General Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Weston General Hospital has been named a veteran aware hospital due to its commitment to improving care for past and present members of the armed forces.
The accreditation comes from the Veterans Covenant Hospital Alliance (VCHA) and Weston Area Health NHS Trust, which runs the hospital, is one of only 33 members of the scheme.
Phil Walmsley, deputy chief executive and director of operations at the trust, said: "Military veterans have risked their lives to ensure our safety.
"As a patient we should ensure that we offer veterans everything that we know they deserve.
"Military veterans bring a significant set of skills and we should be linking in to benefit them and the NHS."
You may also want to watch:
Trusts recognised as veteran aware will display posters in their clinics and public waiting areas urging anyone who has served in the armed forces to make themselves known to staff.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab