Veteran aware accreditation for Weston General Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Weston General Hospital has been named a veteran aware hospital due to its commitment to improving care for past and present members of the armed forces.
The accreditation comes from the Veterans Covenant Hospital Alliance (VCHA) and Weston Area Health NHS Trust, which runs the hospital, is one of only 33 members of the scheme.
Phil Walmsley, deputy chief executive and director of operations at the trust, said: "Military veterans have risked their lives to ensure our safety.
"As a patient we should ensure that we offer veterans everything that we know they deserve.
"Military veterans bring a significant set of skills and we should be linking in to benefit them and the NHS."
You may also want to watch:
Trusts recognised as veteran aware will display posters in their clinics and public waiting areas urging anyone who has served in the armed forces to make themselves known to staff.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Inadequate care home responds
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 10 Special school expansion progress