Weston rated one of UK’s top hospitals by healthcare specialists
- Credit: Archant
Weston General Hospital has been named as one of the top hospitals for 2019.
The Top Hospitals awards are based on an analysis of more than 20 performance indicators by health improvement specialists CHKS.
Figures from all UK hospitals trusts were analysed by CHKS.
James Rimmer, chief executive of Weston Area Health Trust (WAHT) which runs the hospital, said: "This is wonderful news, for both staff and patients.
"We hear so many kind words from grateful patients and always try to share these with staff so they understand the positive impact they have on the lives of our patients and their families.
You may also want to watch:
"Receiving this award publicly recognises the high-quality, safe and effective care delivered here at Weston every day."
The data is regularly submitted by hospitals to NHS Digital to help track performance in a number of areas, including quality of care and patient safety.
- 1 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 2 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 7 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 8 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 9 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend