Hospital nurse and daughter to walk 30-mile Mendip Challenge
- Credit: Archant
A senior nurse from Weston General Hospital’s emergency department has signed up with her daughter to take on the 30-mile Mendip Challenge route in aid of Weston Hospicecare.
Tanya Atwell, of Weston, will tackle the route along with her daughter Elleanor, who is completing the challenge as part of her Duke of Edinburgh Award.
Tanya's father was cared for by the hospice before he died after a battle with bowel cancer. The duo are taking part in the walk on June 2 in memory of Tanya's dad and to thank staff at the hospice.
Tanya and Elleanor are walking with the ED Superstars Team.
The Mendip Challenge is Weston Hospicecare's flagship fundraising event, giving supporters the chance to complete 10, 20 or 30 miles across the Mendip Hills. Last year, more than 900 people took part, raising £66,050.
To register, visit www.westonhospicecare.org.uk/mendip
- 1 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 2 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 3 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 4 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 5 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 6 John Crockford-Hawley column: A Bridge Too Far?
- 7 PICTURES: Activists march to end violence against women
- 8 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 9 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity
- 10 Consultation to rename the Sovereign Centre begins tomorrow