Hospital nurse and daughter to walk 30-mile Mendip Challenge
- Credit: Archant
A senior nurse from Weston General Hospital’s emergency department has signed up with her daughter to take on the 30-mile Mendip Challenge route in aid of Weston Hospicecare.
Tanya Atwell, of Weston, will tackle the route along with her daughter Elleanor, who is completing the challenge as part of her Duke of Edinburgh Award.
Tanya's father was cared for by the hospice before he died after a battle with bowel cancer. The duo are taking part in the walk on June 2 in memory of Tanya's dad and to thank staff at the hospice.
Tanya and Elleanor are walking with the ED Superstars Team.
The Mendip Challenge is Weston Hospicecare's flagship fundraising event, giving supporters the chance to complete 10, 20 or 30 miles across the Mendip Hills. Last year, more than 900 people took part, raising £66,050.
You may also want to watch:
To register, visit www.westonhospicecare.org.uk/mendip
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 4 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 7 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 8 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 Live at the Quarry is 'great success'