Hospital nurse and daughter to walk 30-mile Mendip Challenge
- Credit: Archant
A senior nurse from Weston General Hospital’s emergency department has signed up with her daughter to take on the 30-mile Mendip Challenge route in aid of Weston Hospicecare.
Tanya Atwell, of Weston, will tackle the route along with her daughter Elleanor, who is completing the challenge as part of her Duke of Edinburgh Award.
Tanya's father was cared for by the hospice before he died after a battle with bowel cancer. The duo are taking part in the walk on June 2 in memory of Tanya's dad and to thank staff at the hospice.
Tanya and Elleanor are walking with the ED Superstars Team.
The Mendip Challenge is Weston Hospicecare's flagship fundraising event, giving supporters the chance to complete 10, 20 or 30 miles across the Mendip Hills. Last year, more than 900 people took part, raising £66,050.
You may also want to watch:
To register, visit www.westonhospicecare.org.uk/mendip
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 Inadequate care home responds
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 9 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic