Weston General Hospital staff thank the community for acts of kindness
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Weston General Hospital have been overwhelmed by the kindness and support received from the community.
Staff have received one-off donations of gifts and goodies, much-needed headbands and laundry bags, and regular food deliveries keeping them nourished while on shift.
Alongside this, there have been rainbow pictures appearing across the area and thank you cards and letters being sent to the hospital, which are displayed for staff to see.
Juliet Neilson, the hospital’s head of nursing, said: “Staff just want to do their very best for patients and their loved ones and knowing they have the backing of the community at this difficult time really helps to lift spirits.
“We are very proud to care for our community and it’s wonderful to know you all care for us.
You may also want to watch:
“So, on behalf of everyone at Weston General Hospital I would like to say thank you.”
- 1 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 2 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 3 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 4 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
- 5 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 6 Hot air balloons return to Weston
- 7 Closure of A370 in Weston for improvements
- 8 Chargeable garden waste collection service begins
- 9 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 10 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre