Weston General Hospital staff thank the community for acts of kindness
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Weston General Hospital have been overwhelmed by the kindness and support received from the community.
Staff have received one-off donations of gifts and goodies, much-needed headbands and laundry bags, and regular food deliveries keeping them nourished while on shift.
Alongside this, there have been rainbow pictures appearing across the area and thank you cards and letters being sent to the hospital, which are displayed for staff to see.
Juliet Neilson, the hospital’s head of nursing, said: “Staff just want to do their very best for patients and their loved ones and knowing they have the backing of the community at this difficult time really helps to lift spirits.
“We are very proud to care for our community and it’s wonderful to know you all care for us.
You may also want to watch:
“So, on behalf of everyone at Weston General Hospital I would like to say thank you.”
- 1 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 2 Crews tackle large fire at Burnham-on-Sea pier
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 7 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 8 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 9 Artist creates giant image of band on Brean beach
- 10 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch