Weston charity appeals for youth mentors
- Credit: Archant
Mentors are being sought to help young people flourish, bring hope and make Weston a kinder and safer place to live.
ROC WSM aims to build safer and kinder communities in Weston and Worle over the years to come.
The group has received thousands of pounds in funding to put a coordinator in place to recruit 20 mentors for families and young people in the town.
It comes on the back of £4,000 from the North Somerset Violence Reduction Unit (VRU) fund to use for new initiatives that will help tackle, prevent and reduce the harmful impact of violence in our communities.
ROC leaders Dave and Penny Hynds said: “We believe that together we can really make Weston one of the safest and kindest communities in Britain. Mentoring young people and families is a key part of this.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information and to register your details, contact Daveandpennyroc@gmail.com
- 1 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 6 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 9 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare