Historian to win award
- Credit: Archant
A Weston historian will receive an award for his years of research.
The British Association for Local History (BAHL) will publicly honour Brian Austin with its 2020 Award for Personal Achievement.
The award will be made by the BALH chairman in Taunton on November 21.
The association gives the award to an individual for work being carried out ‘beyond the everyday’.
Brian’s work as a historian began more than 60 years ago in 1957 when he started with family history research.
You may also want to watch:
Brian wrote a column for the Mercury and Bristol Post for many years, and spent 11 years as members’ research consultant for Somerset and Dorset Family History Society.
In 2009, Brian, with other local history enthusiasts, was instrumental in setting up Worle History Society, and he has contributed to the society’s work and research ever since.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 New principal appointed at academy
- 5 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'