Historian to win award
- Credit: Archant
A Weston historian will receive an award for his years of research.
The British Association for Local History (BAHL) will publicly honour Brian Austin with its 2020 Award for Personal Achievement.
The award will be made by the BALH chairman in Taunton on November 21.
The association gives the award to an individual for work being carried out ‘beyond the everyday’.
Brian’s work as a historian began more than 60 years ago in 1957 when he started with family history research.
You may also want to watch:
Brian wrote a column for the Mercury and Bristol Post for many years, and spent 11 years as members’ research consultant for Somerset and Dorset Family History Society.
In 2009, Brian, with other local history enthusiasts, was instrumental in setting up Worle History Society, and he has contributed to the society’s work and research ever since.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Inadequate care home responds
- 4 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 5 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Special school expansion progress
- 10 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone