Weston Hospice sets new date for Wedmore 40/30 charity ride
- Credit: Weston Hospice
Cyclists are gearing up for the Wedmore 40/30 charity bicycle ride, which will take place later this year.
The charity ride organised by Weston Hospice was originally due to take place on July 5. It was suspended, however, due the coronavirus pandemic.
Riders can choose to cycle a 30-mile, 40-mile or combined 70-mile course, which will lead people through the heart of Somerset, including such landmarks as Cheddar Gorge, the Mendip Hills and the Levels.
The event will now take place on September 27.
Weston Hospice events manager Grace Dibden said: “We are so pleased we have found a new date for the Wedmore 40/30 when we expect it to be far safer for our cyclists to take part in later in the year.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets cost between £4-£35, and sales will be split between the hospice and St Mary’s Church in Wedmore.
To sign-up, visit www.westonhospicecare.org.uk/event/wedmore-40-30/
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 3 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 4 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 5 PICTURES: Village Flower Show returns after Covid hiatus
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 8 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 9 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster