How to join cycling fundraiser for Weston Hospicecare
- Credit: Weston Hospicecare
The virtual fundraisers will be dubbed Hospice Heroes upon completion.
Weston Hospicecare has called on its supporters to take part in a virtual cycling fundraiser.
The Big Virtual Cycle is one of a series of events which is helping to fund the hospice through the coronavirus pandemic.
Participants will cycle a set distance over 30 consecutive days and must provide evidence of their hard work.
The distances are split into two categories, family/beginner and advanced.
You may also want to watch:
Families and beginners can take on 30, 50 or 75 miles while the advanced riders will cover 200, 400 or 600 miles.
Event manager Grace Dibden said: “It is open to everyone to take part and this is another brilliant way to help fund palliative care given by the hospice’s amazing nurses and doctors.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 10 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
“We’ve designed each distance to make it accessible to all but challenging to those who eat up the miles on their bikes. This is a great way to enjoy the summer weather and keep active while all events are suspended. You’ll also be supporting your local hospice too.”
It costs £5 to take part as an individual or £10 to take part as a family and the challenge ends on August 31.
To sign up for the event, log on to www.westonhospicecare.org.uk/event/the-big-virtual-cycle/