Hospice appeals for more volunteers
- Credit: Archant
One of Weston’s most treasured charities, Weston Hospicecare, is calling for more help.
The time of volunteers is worth more than £1million a year to the charity and they play a vital role across the organisation, giving support in shops, helping the fundraising team and by supporting patients.
Volunteer and training manager Maria Beaton said: "All of our volunteers have their own piece of the jigsaw which keeps the charity going. But we now need more people to come and help us.
"We have people who volunteer with us to enrich social needs, some do it to gain experience and others help us because they have an emotional connection with the work of the hospice.
"Whatever the motivation, we always need people to kindly give their time to help us."
For more details, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01934 423975.
- 1 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 2 'We want it back' - calls grow for return of Weston's miniature railway
- 3 £100,000 supercar clocked at 142mph on M5 in Somerset
- 4 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 5 Developer reveals plans for 58 new homes on brownfield site
- 6 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 7 Plan for Weston bar scuppered as licence refused
- 8 Weston and Burnham schools could feature in new academies trust
- 9 How romance fraud lost a Weston man his £150,000 life savings
- 10 Items left in town centre doorways to be removed in bid to tidy Weston town centre