Hospice appeals for more volunteers
- Credit: Archant
One of Weston’s most treasured charities, Weston Hospicecare, is calling for more help.
The time of volunteers is worth more than £1million a year to the charity and they play a vital role across the organisation, giving support in shops, helping the fundraising team and by supporting patients.
Volunteer and training manager Maria Beaton said: "All of our volunteers have their own piece of the jigsaw which keeps the charity going. But we now need more people to come and help us.
"We have people who volunteer with us to enrich social needs, some do it to gain experience and others help us because they have an emotional connection with the work of the hospice.
"Whatever the motivation, we always need people to kindly give their time to help us."
You may also want to watch:
For more details, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01934 423975.
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab