Hospice appeals for more volunteers
- Credit: Archant
One of Weston’s most treasured charities, Weston Hospicecare, is calling for more help.
The time of volunteers is worth more than £1million a year to the charity and they play a vital role across the organisation, giving support in shops, helping the fundraising team and by supporting patients.
Volunteer and training manager Maria Beaton said: "All of our volunteers have their own piece of the jigsaw which keeps the charity going. But we now need more people to come and help us.
"We have people who volunteer with us to enrich social needs, some do it to gain experience and others help us because they have an emotional connection with the work of the hospice.
"Whatever the motivation, we always need people to kindly give their time to help us."
You may also want to watch:
For more details, email email@example.com or call 01934 423975.
- 1 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 2 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 3 May 17: What can't open when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 4 Mystery of hillside artwork in Somerset village revealed
- 5 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 6 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 7 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 8 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre
- 9 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 10 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations