Hospice to celebrate 30th anniversary with church service
- Credit: Archant
Weston Hospicecare will mark its 30th anniversary with a service of celebration and thanksgiving at Christ Church in Montpelier next week.
The hospice was founded in 1989 and is commemorating the landmark with a series of events throughout the year, including the service next week.
It is fitting that the event is being held at Christ Church, as the charity’s roots lie there too – it was a group of parishioners from the Weston church who first came up with the idea of creating a hospice for the area.
Tuesday’s service will include a look back on the successes of the organisation’s first 30 years, an overview of the contemporary hospice, and a look ahead to the future ambitions of the charity.
The event is free and open to all and starts at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Seating is limited, but can be guaranteed on a first come, first served basis, by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01934 423900.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 4 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 7 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 10 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network