Hospice to celebrate 30th anniversary with church service
- Credit: Archant
Weston Hospicecare will mark its 30th anniversary with a service of celebration and thanksgiving at Christ Church in Montpelier next week.
The hospice was founded in 1989 and is commemorating the landmark with a series of events throughout the year, including the service next week.
It is fitting that the event is being held at Christ Church, as the charity’s roots lie there too – it was a group of parishioners from the Weston church who first came up with the idea of creating a hospice for the area.
Tuesday’s service will include a look back on the successes of the organisation’s first 30 years, an overview of the contemporary hospice, and a look ahead to the future ambitions of the charity.
The event is free and open to all and starts at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Seating is limited, but can be guaranteed on a first come, first served basis, by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01934 423900.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 New principal appointed at academy
- 5 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'