Hospice to celebrate 30th anniversary with church service
- Credit: Archant
Weston Hospicecare will mark its 30th anniversary with a service of celebration and thanksgiving at Christ Church in Montpelier next week.
The hospice was founded in 1989 and is commemorating the landmark with a series of events throughout the year, including the service next week.
It is fitting that the event is being held at Christ Church, as the charity’s roots lie there too – it was a group of parishioners from the Weston church who first came up with the idea of creating a hospice for the area.
Tuesday’s service will include a look back on the successes of the organisation’s first 30 years, an overview of the contemporary hospice, and a look ahead to the future ambitions of the charity.
The event is free and open to all and starts at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Seating is limited, but can be guaranteed on a first come, first served basis, by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01934 423900.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple