Christmas fair for hospice
- Credit: Archant
Festive goodies were on sale to raise funds for Weston Hospicecare on Saturday.
A Christmas fair was organised by Moor Hens WI in aid of both the national organisation and the hospice, which is based in Uphill.
More than 30 stall holders sold Christmas gifts at The Campus in Highlands Lane.
Entertainment was provided by All Stars Dance School who sang carols during the afternoon.
Part of the funds raised will go towards the hospice, which cares for people with life-limiting conditions, and their families, although a final total has not been confirmed.
You may also want to watch:
Group secretary Marta Dance said: “This is our fourth year and probably our best turn out yet.
“We had cakes, hot drinks, Christmas decorations, a tombola and more on offer.”
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 5 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 8 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 9 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 10 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector
Moor Hens WI meet in Locking Castle Church Hall and is looking for new members to join.
For more details, call Marta on 07807 547472.