Christmas fair for hospice
- Credit: Archant
Festive goodies were on sale to raise funds for Weston Hospicecare on Saturday.
A Christmas fair was organised by Moor Hens WI in aid of both the national organisation and the hospice, which is based in Uphill.
More than 30 stall holders sold Christmas gifts at The Campus in Highlands Lane.
Entertainment was provided by All Stars Dance School who sang carols during the afternoon.
Part of the funds raised will go towards the hospice, which cares for people with life-limiting conditions, and their families, although a final total has not been confirmed.
Group secretary Marta Dance said: “This is our fourth year and probably our best turn out yet.
“We had cakes, hot drinks, Christmas decorations, a tombola and more on offer.”
- 1 WATCH: Moment unlikely heroine saves the day at Weston Air Show
- 2 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 3 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 4 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 5 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 6 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 7 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 8 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 9 Lovely detached family home with Mendip views
- 10 Weston pair deny murder in Somerset town
Moor Hens WI meet in Locking Castle Church Hall and is looking for new members to join.
For more details, call Marta on 07807 547472.