Weston Hospicecare stores to reopen for donations
- Credit: Weston Hospicecare
However, the stores will not begin trading until a futher date.
Weston Hospicecare will reopen a handful of selected stores as donation stations, under the Government’s guidelines.
In total, 15 stores across North Somerset and Weston will be opened for charitable donations.
Weston, Worle, Burnham, Cheddar, Winscombe, Congresbury and Yatton stores will be open from 10.30am until 3.30pm.
Weston Hospicecare has encouraged supporters to ‘sort, save and pledge donations in anticipation for this scenario’.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the hospice said: “There is no further news on when the stores will begin trading again. The retail team are working on a return to business plan down the line.
“The difficulty is we rely heavily on volunteers, with the majority of our shop volunteers being over 70 so we have to keep them safe.”
For further updates on Weston Hospicecare, visit www.westonhospicecare.org.uk
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 M5 caravan park expansion approved
- 3 Finance boss: What services should council cut for climate emergency?
- 4 Carers complete memory walk for Alzheimer's Society
- 5 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 6 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 7 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 8 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 9 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 10 Teacher wins award for making thousands of NHS masks during Covid