Weston Hospicecare stores to reopen for donations
- Credit: Weston Hospicecare
However, the stores will not begin trading until a futher date.
Weston Hospicecare will reopen a handful of selected stores as donation stations, under the Government’s guidelines.
In total, 15 stores across North Somerset and Weston will be opened for charitable donations.
Weston, Worle, Burnham, Cheddar, Winscombe, Congresbury and Yatton stores will be open from 10.30am until 3.30pm.
Weston Hospicecare has encouraged supporters to ‘sort, save and pledge donations in anticipation for this scenario’.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the hospice said: “There is no further news on when the stores will begin trading again. The retail team are working on a return to business plan down the line.
“The difficulty is we rely heavily on volunteers, with the majority of our shop volunteers being over 70 so we have to keep them safe.”
For further updates on Weston Hospicecare, visit www.westonhospicecare.org.uk
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 3 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 4 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 5 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 6 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 7 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 8 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 9 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?