Easter egg donations to two charities
- Credit: Archant
Less fortunate children received a chocolate treat thanks to people’s generosity.
During the month, shoppers at newsagents Hayers, in conjunction with AJ Lock Caring Funerals, donated 30 Easter eggs each to charities Weston Hospicecare and Springboard Opportunity Group.
The eggs were given to children using beds in the hospice and those receiving care and support from Springboard.
Tony Lock, of AJ Lock, said: “We were quite surprised by the number of donations we received, one kind gentleman brought in nine eggs which was a fantastic gesture.
“Both charities are thoroughly deserving of the gifts, they do wonderful work to help children who are going through tough times across North Somerset.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll probably make this an annual event given its success and I’d like to thank everyone who donated a chocolate egg at Hayers.”
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 3 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 4 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 5 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 6 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 7 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 8 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare