Easter egg donations to two charities
- Credit: Archant
Less fortunate children received a chocolate treat thanks to people’s generosity.
During the month, shoppers at newsagents Hayers, in conjunction with AJ Lock Caring Funerals, donated 30 Easter eggs each to charities Weston Hospicecare and Springboard Opportunity Group.
The eggs were given to children using beds in the hospice and those receiving care and support from Springboard.
Tony Lock, of AJ Lock, said: “We were quite surprised by the number of donations we received, one kind gentleman brought in nine eggs which was a fantastic gesture.
“Both charities are thoroughly deserving of the gifts, they do wonderful work to help children who are going through tough times across North Somerset.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll probably make this an annual event given its success and I’d like to thank everyone who donated a chocolate egg at Hayers.”
- 1 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Will garden village be revived?
- 6 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 9 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 10 Flag stolen during period of national mourning