Easter egg donations to two charities
- Credit: Archant
Less fortunate children received a chocolate treat thanks to people’s generosity.
During the month, shoppers at newsagents Hayers, in conjunction with AJ Lock Caring Funerals, donated 30 Easter eggs each to charities Weston Hospicecare and Springboard Opportunity Group.
The eggs were given to children using beds in the hospice and those receiving care and support from Springboard.
Tony Lock, of AJ Lock, said: “We were quite surprised by the number of donations we received, one kind gentleman brought in nine eggs which was a fantastic gesture.
“Both charities are thoroughly deserving of the gifts, they do wonderful work to help children who are going through tough times across North Somerset.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll probably make this an annual event given its success and I’d like to thank everyone who donated a chocolate egg at Hayers.”
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 3 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 4 PICTURES: Village Flower Show returns after Covid hiatus
- 5 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 8 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 9 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster