Hospice worker to run in 10km Christmas Cracker
- Credit: Weston Hospicecare
A Weston Hospicecare employee, who organises some of the charity’s biggest events, will take on the Christmas Cracker.
Event organiser Kelsey Dehaney has taken part in Weston Athletics Club’s penguin training programme over the past few weeks to prepare for the 10k challenge.
With little running experience, Kelsey decided to take part after being convinced by members of the running club.
She said: “My only previous running experience came from school when they made us run in PE.
“I am very much a beginner and previously I have really struggled to get into running.
“In doing this training programme, I have surprised myself how well I am doing.
“It makes a huge difference running with a big group of people at a steady pace and I feel each week I’m improving.”
- 1 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 2 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 3 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 4 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 5 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 6 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 7 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 8 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 9 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 10 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask
She will take on the 10km run on December 9 for the hospice.