Hospice worker to run in 10km Christmas Cracker
- Credit: Weston Hospicecare
A Weston Hospicecare employee, who organises some of the charity’s biggest events, will take on the Christmas Cracker.
Event organiser Kelsey Dehaney has taken part in Weston Athletics Club’s penguin training programme over the past few weeks to prepare for the 10k challenge.
With little running experience, Kelsey decided to take part after being convinced by members of the running club.
She said: “My only previous running experience came from school when they made us run in PE.
“I am very much a beginner and previously I have really struggled to get into running.
You may also want to watch:
“In doing this training programme, I have surprised myself how well I am doing.
“It makes a huge difference running with a big group of people at a steady pace and I feel each week I’m improving.”
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 New principal appointed at academy
- 7 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 8 Village's community shop to relocate
- 9 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
- 10 Banwell bypass route chosen
She will take on the 10km run on December 9 for the hospice.