Hospice worker to run in 10km Christmas Cracker
- Credit: Weston Hospicecare
A Weston Hospicecare employee, who organises some of the charity’s biggest events, will take on the Christmas Cracker.
Event organiser Kelsey Dehaney has taken part in Weston Athletics Club’s penguin training programme over the past few weeks to prepare for the 10k challenge.
With little running experience, Kelsey decided to take part after being convinced by members of the running club.
She said: “My only previous running experience came from school when they made us run in PE.
“I am very much a beginner and previously I have really struggled to get into running.
You may also want to watch:
“In doing this training programme, I have surprised myself how well I am doing.
“It makes a huge difference running with a big group of people at a steady pace and I feel each week I’m improving.”
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 4 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 5 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 6 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions
- 7 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 8 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 9 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 10 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
She will take on the 10km run on December 9 for the hospice.