Summer fair raises hundreds for hospice
- Credit: Archant
Weston Hospicecare’s 30th anniversary year summer fair has raised more than £1,800 for the charity.
Volunteers and staff pulled together to man stalls and serve refreshments, while chief executive Paul Winspear was the willing volunteer at heart of the 'soak the bloke' stand.
Community fundraiser Sue Harding has heaped praise onto all those who helped to make the event a success.
She said: "A huge thank you to everyone who helped with the summer fair on Saturday. Be it manning a stall, baking for us, setting up and taking down of the event, visiting the fair and handing over your hard-earned cash, or many of the other tasks that it takes to put on such an event.
"You are all marvellous, but a big thank you to the chair of Weston Hospicecare's friends group Sue Barlow for her continued hard work and enthusiasm.
You may also want to watch:
"And a special thank you to chief executive Paul for so being such a good sport in sitting in the stocks for our 'soak the bloke' stand."
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 Inadequate care home responds
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 10 Special school expansion progress