Summer fair raises hundreds for hospice
- Credit: Archant
Weston Hospicecare’s 30th anniversary year summer fair has raised more than £1,800 for the charity.
Volunteers and staff pulled together to man stalls and serve refreshments, while chief executive Paul Winspear was the willing volunteer at heart of the 'soak the bloke' stand.
Community fundraiser Sue Harding has heaped praise onto all those who helped to make the event a success.
She said: "A huge thank you to everyone who helped with the summer fair on Saturday. Be it manning a stall, baking for us, setting up and taking down of the event, visiting the fair and handing over your hard-earned cash, or many of the other tasks that it takes to put on such an event.
"You are all marvellous, but a big thank you to the chair of Weston Hospicecare's friends group Sue Barlow for her continued hard work and enthusiasm.
You may also want to watch:
"And a special thank you to chief executive Paul for so being such a good sport in sitting in the stocks for our 'soak the bloke' stand."
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 3 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 6 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset