New Robin Hood Challenge to raise funds for Weston Hospicecare
- Credit: Archant
Weston Hospicecare is launching an exciting Robin Hood Challenge to enable teams to compete against each other in aid of the cause.
Archery meets paintball in the new day-long challenge which will take place in Sandford Quarry on August 17.
Sixteen teams of eight people will compete against one another in the novel contest.
The archery-based games will see players shooting one another with foam-tipped arrows under the safe supervision of experts from Mendip Outdoor Pursuits.
Each team will enjoy a morning of archery training games, before a series of head-to-head battles against other teams in the afternoon.
Everybody who signs up will enjoy at least three battles in a round robin group stage, before the most successful teams advance to the sudden death quarter finals.
One team will end the day being crowned as the hospice’s first ever Robin Hood Challenge champions.
- 1 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 2 'We want it back' - calls grow for return of Weston's miniature railway
- 3 £100,000 supercar clocked at 142mph on M5 in Somerset
- 4 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 5 Developer reveals plans for 58 new homes on brownfield site
- 6 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 7 Plan for Weston bar scuppered as licence refused
- 8 Weston and Burnham schools could feature in new academies trust
- 9 How romance fraud lost a Weston man his £150,000 life savings
- 10 Items left in town centre doorways to be removed in bid to tidy Weston town centre
Weston Hospicecare’s challenge manager Simon Angear said: “We are proud we have a busy events calendar with loads going on through the year, but until now, our It’s A Hospice Knockout has been our only event specially designed for teams.
“The Robin Hood Challenge is something a little bit different. It’s a new twist on an old sport, and offers a perfect bonding opportunity for groups of friends and family, work colleagues or team mates.
“It promises to be a huge amount of fun, all in aid of a wonderful cause, and I can’t wait to get involved – I’ve begun rounding up a team of my own and am looking forward to it already.”
The Weston charity is always on the lookout for new events to complement a packed calendar which already includes It’s A Hospice Knockout, the recent Men’s March and flagship Mendip Challenge event on June 2.
The hospice has expanded its offering this year with the addition of innovative challenge events like a wing-walking day and a group trek in the Sahara Desert.
Teams can secure their place in The Robin Hood Challenge for an £80 registration fee – just £10 per person – and are asked to raise money on behalf of the hospice too. The suggested minimum sponsorship is £250 per team.
To sign up, visit westonhospicecare.org.uk/robinhoodchallenge